OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 08 May 2024, 10:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 10:52 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Thanks for Video ,the twiddling works great for you

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 11:07 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Hi dkpech,

Terrific stuff! Seeing ABS in action gives me some new ideas and makes me motivated to spend some time learning to use it better. How would you describe your playing system with it?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 11:39 

mynamenotbob wrote:
Hi dkpech,

Terrific stuff! Seeing ABS in action gives me some new ideas and makes me motivated to spend some time learning to use it better. How would you describe your playing system with it?

I use my Anti in defense to set up an offensive winning stroke. Change my opponents game plan to mine.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 11:45 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

You make a little chop motion before you block against topspin. Is that necessary for control or extra spin. I seem to have better control with the frictionless-style handhold block (against the robot). I haven't played any matches with it yet.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 11:57 

mynamenotbob wrote:
You make a little chop motion before you block against topspin. Is that necessary for control or extra spin. I seem to have better control with the frictionless-style handhold block (against the robot). I haven't played any matches with it yet.

I think it's just a bad habit. I does seem to work better when I just move to the shot and hold the blade still, but when I return a strong hit some side motion does seem to take some of the pace of my return.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 12:12 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

How heavy is your blade? The Kung Fu blade with ABS 1.2 and Tenergy 05 1.7 seems pretty heavy (I'm used to ox pips on one side). Does the ABS work well with lighter balsa blades? I've tried it with Kung Fu, Grubba Carbon, Acoustic and Gergley so far.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 17:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
mynamenotbob wrote:

Looks very much like a chop-block to me, just like with LPs...

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 18:01 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

haggisv wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

That's the million dollar question. What can the ABS do that LPs can't do? And conversely, what can LPs do that the ABS can't do?

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2009, 23:26 

mynamenotbob wrote:
haggisv wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

That's the million dollar question. What can the ABS do that LPs can't do? And conversely, what can LPs do that the ABS can't do?

Ok here is the answer to the million dollar question/ though I think the answer is worth a bit less.
Neubauer's Antis can give both backspin and dead balls. Playing with the FLP and switching to say A-B-S one notices there is an angle change needed on blocks(FLP need a more open blade,else the ball tends to run into the net), that is because the Anti is a softer and has a hard sponge, where the FLP were typically played with no sponge.
The A-B-S will give both dead balls and heavy spin depending on the contact energy. Heavy soft loops will come with heavy backspin when just blocked, where if a player pushes these balls will deaden the inverted spin of the anti. Kills will return with little or no spin, and one is just happy to return them. Chop balls can be returned with topspin or one can kill the spin(dead ball) by push chopping the ball back.

This rubber has some of the playing properties of say a supper block, but one needs to learn this rubber well and I think then it becomes a even better tool than our old FLP. A beginner could before pick up FLP and do ok to well against better players, no so with these new Antis. One needs some time playing with it to become proficient,

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2009, 01:38 

mynamenotbob wrote:
How heavy is your blade? The Kung Fu blade with ABS 1.2 and Tenergy 05 1.7 seems pretty heavy (I'm used to ox pips on one side). Does the ABS work well with lighter balsa blades? I've tried it with Kung Fu, Grubba Carbon, Acoustic and Gergley so far.

My blade is a Harmuth custom seven ply blade with 2 layers of thin balsa, 3 layers of walnut and the outer plies are maple 95grams. This seems heavy but for me it works great. I use 2.1 tenergy 05 and now the 1.2 Black a A-B-S.

In testing the balsa blades give to quick and sharp rebound effect to these new Antis, so Neubauer does not recommend these for the Antis. Thiner non balsa wood blades are recommended. All- through All +

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2009, 22:25 

Another vid of a player using the abs (Sebastian Guhe). Boring match..but it's A-B-S :wink:

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 00:10 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Mr Black wrote:
Another vid of a player using the abs (Sebastian Guhe). Boring match..but it's A-B-S :wink:

That's a terrific find. Enjoyed watching and studying the games.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 00:54 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

By the way, do you know what blade Guhe is using?

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2009, 01:28 

Hi Notbob, thought you`d like it. :D Try to ask "Bummelmichael" at youtube for the blade, I´m sure he has taken a closer look at it before or after recording that match. All I know about Sebastian is that he got killed with his old Anti and pips in "Oberliga" last season (used to play Fl before). He will play in a lower league next season.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009, 22:12 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

Hi Guys,

What's the difference between the Dr's AS & ABS? His website lists 60 v 65 in speed, otherwise identical specs... That's almost too small a speed difference to warrent another rubber, so I'm guessing there's more to the story?

Cheers.

PS I'm amused that I've not read or posted here for a year, yet I still have an average of over 1 post per day! Glad to see you guys are still going strong though. mynamenotbob is still testing every new rubber like crazy, Speedplay is still using semi-anti, Mr Black & several other European's are still here which is very nice. Hookshot has switched to Shake!???

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!