OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 07 May 2024, 09:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 12:31 

Gluing a Long Pimple Rubber OX

As to the way of gluing a Long Pimple Rubber OX to the blade, please put a layer of glue to the blade only and not on the rubber as the glue will make the rubber curl up and will cause problem of sticking to the blade, let the glue dry up completely on the blade , use a thin plastic cover sheet separating the rubber and the blade, put the rubber with the cover sheet in a correct position above the blade and slide the plastic cover up bit by bit when sticking the rubber on the blade .

In my own opinion , not gluing the center of the rubber will not give much effect on the performance of the rubber and it is also against the rule of ITTF and should not be encouraged . in fact, it may give you a strange response and may cause yourself confusion sometimes in the control of your weapon.

Thank you for viewing

Happy Table Tennis !!
Frankie

Table Tennis Training Video - The Use of Long Pimple Rubber OX against Inverted Rubbers
Table Tennis Training Website
http://tabletennistraining.weebly.com/

Last edited by frankie33888 on 15 Oct 2009, 13:52, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 20:56 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
I never had any problems of the rubber curling up with LEGAL water based glue.. With illegal VOC glue, it will curl up but I never had that happen with legal water based glue. Not glueing the center is illegal BUT using less glue than at the edges is not illegal. I use a thin coat of water glue in the center and a thicker coat of water glue at the edges.. Using less glue in the center will allow the pips to be more flexible which helps to block hard shots as softer pips will absorb more energy.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 00:13 

Hi Push Blocker,

Thank you for your sharing of experience . In my own opinion the absorption of a hard shot depends much more on the structure of the blade and the blocking position close to the table , Dr. Neubauer - Combination Special and HallMark - Aurora , both blades have a structure of one side slower and the other side faster. these blades are suitable for use with Long Pimple Rubber OX or with other Pimple rubbers. The blade comes in Shakehand and Penhold can be supplied on special request.

Cheers
Frankie

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 00:41 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

I always block 90 degrees.. I don't adjust my racket angle.. I adjust my equipment (blade/rubber/glueing process) in order to block effective with that racket angle.. That's why trajectory and pips hardness/softness is critical for my game. I don't adjust to equipment. I adjust equipment to my style.

Here is a example of blocking hard hits with 90 degree angle.
This is with very soft long pips, glued very loosely in the center.. (SE7EN Block OX) on a Butterfly Grubba Variant blade. I might post a video of my glueing technique.. I use 20 cents/bottle Elmer glue..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctvirVr8zgA

The hardness of the pips is the #1 factor when blocking hard shots. Soft pips, especially loosely glued will absorb hard hits and reduce the speed of the block.. I'm talking about unchanged 90 degree blocking angle.. When frictionless pips were outlawed, I didn't want to or even couldnt' adjust my technique.. So, I ended up doing some "material" research and found ways to be able to use the same techniques like with frictionless rubbers.. There are many factors that come into play when blocking close to the table.. Combining rubber properties, blades and glueing process and finding the ideal combination will make a huge difference.. For example, if I glue a Xiying 979 (probably the slowest long pips rubber) on a slow defensive blade and I'll block a hard hit, it will block longer than the faster SE7EN block (with 90 degree blocking angle). This is mostly due to the harder pips of the Xiying 979.. The Xiying sheet is so thick that even if it is glued loosely, the pips won't be flexible enough to absorb energy as good as softer pips. Flexible pips like SE7EN block. Feint Long II, Avalox MO and others with soft pips will absorb a lot more energy even though they are faster than the Xiying..

Last edited by Pushblocker on 03 Sep 2009, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 00:54 

Hi Push Blocker,

Great video showing your 90 degree blocking, but the situation will be completely different when you encounter a hard and fast looper , the way of blocking may be harder and the angle and position will be critical as the ball comes in rapid fast , the blocking with a long pimple OX must be close to the table and not off the table .

Thanks again for your kind contribution, you are really a good blocker as seen from the video.

Cheers
Frankie

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 01:01 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

frankie33888 wrote:
Hi Push Blocker,

Great video showing your 90 degree blocking, but the situation will be completely different when you encounter a hard and fast looper , the way of blocking may be harder and the angle and position will be critical as the ball comes in rapid fast , the blocking with a long pimple OX must be close to the table and not off the table .

Thanks again for your kind contribution, you are really a good blocker as seen from the video.

Cheers
Frankie

I've played the #552 in the world recently (Geovanny Coello) at a tournament.. He would power-loop every single shot and I blocked all his shots back with unchanged racket angle.. Took game 1 11:8 and game 2 11:7.. Then he adjusted his serve and won game 3.. In game 4, I adjusted to his serve and we were tied until 7:7 when he had 2 lucky edge balls to get a lead.. He won game 4 11:8 and game 5 11:7..

I've been playing with some very strong players and I was able to block with 90 degree angle off the bounce.. I can only do that because of my equipment which is perfectly adjusted for my game.. My game is set up to play against power-loopers and I do best against that style. Trust me, if I get my hand to the ball at a 90 degree angle, I will block any power-loop back on the table. The only time that I need to adjust racket angle is againt slow but heavy spin loops..

Last edited by Pushblocker on 03 Sep 2009, 01:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 01:15 

Hi Push Blocker,

You blocking technique and equipment are unique and I am so glad you could have winners in your games by a 90 degree blocking at all times , thank you for sharing your valuable experience with us.

Cheers
Frankie

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 01:20 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

frankie33888 wrote:
Hi Push Blocker,

You blocking technique and equipment are unique and I am so glad you could have winners in your games by a 90 degree blocking at all times , thank you for sharing your valuable experience with us.

Cheers
Frankie

I usually take the ball earlier than most other pips blockers. This comes with a higher risk but is more destructive to the oppoenents as it messes up their timing.. My game depends 99% on my opponents errors.. I have beaten top players before without attacking a single time, just blocking everything that they throw at me back until they make a mistake.. I block against topspin and use Druckschlupf against chop and a aggresive forward block against dead balls..

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 01:46 

Hi Push Blocker,

That is amazing , you have developed a good skill to handle all sort of incoming balls and reversed all spins to them and consequently they made mistakes . I have a different playing style from yours , I block as well as attack any ball over the net by pushing, lifting and chopping with side spins, attacking with a long pimple rubber OX needs to pay more attention to the opponent's hand movement and prepare for your action accordingly , bend you knee and standing on guard for your return .

Happy Ping Pong !!

Frankie

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 02:05 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

frankie33888 wrote:
Hi Push Blocker,

That is amazing , you have developed a good skill to handle all sort of incoming balls and reversed all spins to them and consequently they made mistakes . I have a different playing style from yours , I block as well as attack any ball over the net by pushing, lifting and chopping with side spins, attacking with a long pimple rubber OX needs to pay more attention to the opponent's hand movement and prepare for your action accordingly , bend you knee and standing on guard for your return .

Happy Ping Pong !!

Frankie

great analysis... My game has a lot less variation than yours or other long pips players.. Even though I know several other strokes (i.e chop-block, chopping from away from the table or on the table etc.), I don't use them too often during the match. I do flat hit with the pips occasionally when I get a higher ball, especially if it has chop on it. My concept is different than the concept of many other players.. The more strokes you have, the more potential for unforced errors.. My concept is: "The lower the amount of strokes, the lower the unforced error quota"
If I make less unforced errors than my opponent, I'll win. Opponents have to beat me.. I won't beat myself..

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2009, 10:10 

Push Blocker,

Keep up your excellent work , thank you again for sharing

Regards
Frankie