OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 01 May 2024, 10:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2008, 22:37 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi Folks,
I have placed some Slo-mo video links here, with the original video files being available on Greg Letts web site...Even when slowed to 1/2 speed the action is fast and furious...
The original videos are available for free download on Greg Letts web site... http://www.gregsttpages.com/videos/freevideos.html

You can either watch in the Veoh tv online viewer or download and watch in your own viewer... if you watch in their viewer, dont forget to use the full size viewing option button in the bottom right hand corner...If you download them (link further down on right on Veoh page ) you might get a better picture because Veoh's large screen is a bit pixely...

The real time videos of the Australian Opens are available in DVD size and format and of course there is a large amount of Australian Open action...and if Gregs free videos are anything to go by, the full DVD's would be a worthy acquisition!!!

@ Greg...Hi Greg...If you would rather that I remove access to these slo-mo videos, then just say...however I think that it could be beneficial to leave them here...What do you think Greg.

fosss
===========================

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3287957t3kdRx4j

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3288329awgzST2Z

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3288464GG5zrnF8
=============================

Here is the Video of Greg and Paul Pinkewich ...look for the bat twiddling that Greg does...Paul twiddles also...the Twiddling is easy to see in these two slo-mo videos.

First 1/2
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3291584B5SBBspg

Second 1/2
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3291710sEfDyt6X

This video is the Mens Finals 2006 at about 1/5 speed in 2 halfs each half is shortened by 45 seconds to fit Photobucket free.
Allow the video to download fully to view in photobucket full screen mode.

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Last edited by fosssil on 22 Jan 2008, 15:39, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2008, 09:44 
Super User

Hi fosssil,

I don't mind provided the information on where to find the originals is posted as well.

You can actually slow down the original videos in Windows Media Player, although many people might not realize this. Under the View menu, there's an option called Enhancements. One of the enhancements is a Play Speed Settings. Turn off the Snap Slider to Common Speeds setting, and you can play the vids as slow as you like. This is what I use when I want to check out something in slow motion.

Anyway, I appreciate you are just trying to help others, so it's fine.

Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2008, 10:13 
A Beautiful Brain

Hi Greg...Most Slo-mos only slow down videos by playing the frames at a slower pace(as does the Widows Media Player)...which makes the motion jerky sort of like a slide show...lol...The eye cannot see the gap between the frames at 30 fps but it can see the gaps between frames when there are only 15 frames per second as happens in players that just slow the frame rate down....but I'm sure we all know that anyway...

What my processing does is to actually insert new video frames in between the actual frames, so that the motion is very smooth...Its called interpolation..It still allows 30 frames per second instead of 15 fps in Windows Media Player slo-mo, but 1/2 of the frames are computer generated thus doubling the play time, making the video smooth and easy to watch...

It does a great job on your videos because the original is such great quality...First of all I have to shrink the original and convert it to an .avi file, then I process the video with a program that generates new frames, filling in the gaps between frames with a frame that is the picture which is 1/2 way between the last real frame and the next real frame... (I can only process avi files) adding in the extra frames ie 1/2 speed adds an equal amount of frames and makes the video 200% of the original size, with the same action, hence it is slo-mo, then I upload it to Veoh...
Its difficult to explain, but I'm sure you get the gist of it all.

It is fun doing it and the end result makes it worth while.

fosss

[quote="DTopSpirit"]Hi fosssil,

You can actually slow down the original videos in Windows Media Player, although many people might not realize this. Under the View menu, there's an option called Enhancements. One of the enhancements is a Play Speed Settings.

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX