OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 07 May 2024, 23:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Jan 2009, 23:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
speedplay wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

Joola sells a rubber called Toni Hold Anti Topspin that has a very dead black sponge. It's very slow and plays similar to Hallmark Mirage only with slight spin reversal.

See separate tread about this... Not sure if it's the Joola, it is the new 40 and it comes with a black sponge.

http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/v ... 7819#57819

The Joola Toni Hold anti definitely has a black sponge with a tough, weird texture. Not only that, the cut is circular, not square like normal rubbers. A very strange rubber all the way around. I've never seen the sponge supplied with the New 40 as I only bought the ox version.

I've seen the new toni hold and used it. It is black, but the rubber with 1mm sponge is very fast so I doubt it's the same. I'll check the texture and let you know, maybe post a picture. The ox has a clear 'sponge'. Something similar to this can be seen on the underside of the 1mm sponge, but this just acts as a glue sheet. *If you're reading this adham the 1st ones a sponge the seconds a glue sheet, honest guvnor :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2009, 08:29 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

speedplay wrote:
mozzy wrote:
Great thread/review Speedy, it is very helpful and informative.

Reading through this again, i am quite tempted to try Neoanti or Best anti as they seem most like Yasaka anti, has anyone else made anymore direct comparison between any 2 of these 3?

Thanks for the kind words Mozzy. But, I really must say, if you are looking for anti similar to the Yasaka Anti Power, then I think that Bty Super Anti is the anti that comes closest. Thet play rather similar but at different speed. Anti Power actually holds a lot of power while Super Anti is really slow.

Neoanti and Best anti, my personal favourites, are different since they act more like grippy LP, you can manipulate the spin, while Super Anti and Anti Power put greater trust in the reversal ability they have.

Thanks for the reply Speedy. I am really suprised by your views between the YAP and the SA, i know i am new(ish) to the dark side, but let me explain my views.

I thought SA was like the Chernobyl survivor from the nuclear "frictionless ban" fallout and that there was nothing else like it (anti) out there when i started to play anti in the spring / summer of 2008.

Having used both for pre-season and a good 1/2 season now, i found SA to be very different in use from the YAP.

SA, (red) very good to return serve and drop shots over the net, good for playing the angles but hard to attack with (obviously only backspin!).
Great control, good reversal, but i felt limited as to what i could do.

YAP, (black) faster, but on the Aurora, in 1.5mm, i have great control, rather than good reversal i feel i am able to manipulate the spin with many strokes with greater control than the SA and the touch feels better, i can attack most balls and take spin off shots received rather than just continue the spin reversal. More deceptive i feel. In this respect, i read your reviews and saw the YAP rather like the Best and Neo antis!

I must say that i feel the 2 rubbers i question are very different beasts in use, yes i use them on different blades but have tried each on a few blades and they still, to me, feel that much different.

Now, i will be using the YAP as my main weapon of choice, what i am trying to find out, is the 2.0mm faster or slower than the 1.5mm?
This is for a blade i want to make up for a pal!

As for the Best and Neo, i think the EJ in me will want to try them out especially as i do like to win points more than be passive.
The Yap, i feel, is not too dissimilar in use to the 1.5mm 804 except for the faster sponge of the 804!

Would you rate any similarities of the 804 in play to the Best and Neo antis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2009, 01:04 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

speedplay wrote:
I haven't tried the YAP in black and this might explain why we feel so different about them. During my spell with Antis I have noticed huge differences in performance depending on the colour. As for deceptive use, ability to impart my own spin and stuff like that, black is clearly the better option, while red is superior for a game where reversal is the base.

So perhaps the black YAP plays more like the (black) Neoanti and Best Anti I have reviewed?

As for the 804, I really didn't like that rubber at all and according to me, it's hardly an anti rubber at all. Unlike the Neoanti and Best anti, the spin created by the 804 comes from the topsheet, which isn't slick as anti should be (My personal opinion) but feels rather that some old sheet of regular inverted.

The difference this create in usage is quite big, cause both the Neoanti and Best anti provides you with the ability to do a gentle stroke (minimizing the sponge effect) and trust the reversal, then make a similar shot, but dig the ball into the sponge and create your own spin or simple use it to remove the incoming spin. This works great as deception. With the 804, since the grip is on the topsheet, there really isn't much you can do, cause the topsheet will always be in contact with the ball, thus effecting the spin rather then reversing it.

I know some one on here used to use 804 and swore by it, so it might very well be a great rubber, but I didn't like it because of the above explained reasons and the fact that I think it is way to fast to be an effective anti, but that could be due to plying style.

Yes, you are right about the differences between red and black rubber grip differences, my own opinion is that there is a more pronounced difference say between the neoantis in red and black than a pair of globe 999 in red and black!

Yes perhaps the black YAP does play more like the neo and best antis which from your review gives me the basis of my opinion to this point, i will find out as i will buy 1 of them soon on your recomendation!

As for the 804, i can see where you are coming from. I have tried these and been frustrated to find them hard to play with but now i am more experienced i realise that blade choice is just as important for many rubbers, i have a black 1.5mm on a soft carbon blade and found it controllable and usable to a degree giving spin manipulation , i will try this on my def. blades and see what difference this will make in anti properties.

Thanks for your help about the 1.5/2.00mm Sponge YAP's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2009, 20:22 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Well speedy,

I Have gone and ordered the black 2mm Best anti, i have been drooling and dribbling down my chin at this as you really whetted my appetite, i have a good feeling about this rubber for my style!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Jan 2009, 20:27 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

speedplay wrote:
:lol:

I just finished a phone call to my local dealer were I ordered 4 new sheets of Best Anti, 2 in each colour.

It is a rubber you really can't go wrong with and the best thing is, the local dealer is extremely cheap with them, 8 AUD or something like that. That is why I bought some more as I don't have to shift around my rubbers when I get new blades :wink:

That is cheap, how much in Euro?
Just sent you a pm, forgot you lived in Sweden!!
Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 08:44 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

speedplay wrote:
mozzy wrote:
Well speedy,

I Have gone and ordered the black 2mm Best anti, i have been drooling and dribbling down my chin at this as you really whetted my appetite, i have a good feeling about this rubber for my style!

Mozzy, seeing it's been some time since you ordered it, I'm curious if you have tried it yet and what your thought of it where?

Me, I'm loving it more every time I use it! I doubt I will ever go back to red anti again as there strength don't fit my style.

Hi Speedster,

Well it took me over 4 weeks to get it from the far east after all in 2.0mm black,, but annoyingly it was in this country for the best part of 3 weeks, the mind boggles! :roll: :?

Anyway, the chin has been wiped and i have now had 2 practice sessions with the "Best", having had 3 practiceless weeks because my knee was painful and inflamed and so i just played my normal matches the best i could.

Report so far, i like it, in fact i like it very much!
After just 2 practice sessions it is now going to be my No. 1 anti for my next league game. It truly does have a passive sponge that is a joy to behold.

If i compare it to the 1.5 mm ( which utilises active type sponge ) YAP Black, which up until this point i have been reasonably happy with ( on the Aurora ) and fairly successful with in my league ( around 80% success rate ), i find it probably better allround in every dept, except for deceptive shots being able to dump oppo's returns into the net! So far i have not had much success with this with my weekly practice partner. We shall see if i can improve this against match opponents.

It returns any spinny serve easily about the same as Yap. But harder serves and topspin shots are easier to keep on the table.
It kills pace better from hard hits.
It works the angles well, almost like a lp!
It directs the ball really accurately around the table.
It is easier to hit more and spinnier balls with, having excellent feeling.
It is a safer, better allround rubber than Yap, both at the table and esp. away from the table, a very forgiving rubber indeed
It has better allround accuracy and encourages a more attack oriented anti play.

That's about it until my next match in 12 days time, i will keep you posted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 02:45 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

speedplay wrote:
Sounds like I can breath easily again since it seems to me you enjoyed it, almost as much as I do. I decided to make it my primary anti right after the first session with it.

I like that you write that it encourages a more offensive style off game, as I have noticed this my self. The fun part is, I begun to use it since the best player at the club (Not including the top players as we never get to meet them) uses it and plays very defensive with it. As soon as I got it, I noticed that due to it's ability to absorb speed, it was so easy to hold the table with this and this created more openings for me to use my gh. I think most people would consider the Best Anti as a very defensive oriented rubber due to it's lack of speed.

[Have to quit now, the woman isn't at home and her very attractive friend just arrived here :twisted: ]

Ooh, lucky you!

Don't do anything Reb wouldn't do now!

Don't forget who your Primary woman is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 08:04 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

speedplay wrote:
mozzy wrote:
speedplay wrote:
Sounds like I can breath easily again since it seems to me you enjoyed it, almost as much as I do. I decided to make it my primary anti right after the first session with it.

I like that you write that it encourages a more offensive style off game, as I have noticed this my self. The fun part is, I begun to use it since the best player at the club (Not including the top players as we never get to meet them) uses it and plays very defensive with it. As soon as I got it, I noticed that due to it's ability to absorb speed, it was so easy to hold the table with this and this created more openings for me to use my gh. I think most people would consider the Best Anti as a very defensive oriented rubber due to it's lack of speed.

[Have to quit now, the woman isn't at home and her very attractive friend just arrived here :twisted: ]

Ooh, lucky you!

Don't do anything Reb wouldn't do now!

Don't forget who your Primary woman is!

That would be misses Wavestone of course :wink:

My woman turned up to quick, so I had no time to do something to regret later :lol: Besides, I doubt I would get lucky if I tried... Must have lost some of that youthful charm I used to have. Might be a good thing, makes me appreciate my own woman more now. :D

I think that you have got it just about right there!

Talk about us old charmers hey, more like old wishful thinking fools! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 00:25 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
speedplay wrote:

Forget the bloody rubber...I want a review on the friend..with Pics...dressed and undressed !! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Mar 2009, 10:26 
Super User

speedplay wrote:
I feel that this is a rubber that will work best in red, as it is depending a lot on reversal and my experience with anti rubbers is that the difference between red and black can be huge. Black always seems a lot slower but less reversing.

a couple people who have tried both have said that with AS the black is a bit slicker. Haven't even seen a black myslef.

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2011, 09:03 

All Anti rubber in the test here with thick sponge but the Neubauer Anti Special 1,2 thin sponge. Do you think the Anti special with thick sponge ( 1,8mm ) it's a same game option with the 1,2mm ? ? ?

I think this test it's better with separate thin sponge and thick sponge anti rubber.

But only the Nas different with 1,2 sponge