OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2009, 08:53 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
Today I received the new Andro Chaos rubber from a friend. I'll start a test next week.

First impressions:
Rubber is a red sheet with 1,2 mm (yellow) sponge
Rubber feels quite grippy and flexible rubbing it
Pips height about 1,7 mm
Pips width about 1,5 mm.
Pips are horizontal alligned.
Pips are ruffled (so not smooth)

On first impressions I would say it reminds me of the curl P1r looking at it.

To be continued.........

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009, 08:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I look forward to it brokkie!

From the picture it looks like the pips are reinforced at the base, is that the case?

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009, 21:55 
Super User

Haggivs

Yes, it seems to be but you have to look very closely. Pips are rounded connected to the sheet.

I glued it on yesterday (illegal glue :oops: ) Bouncing with the ball was surprising. Not much friction. I thought it had a lot of friction rubbing it with my hand. Trying to chop in the air didn't give much backspin.

Tonight I'll post a second picture and my first impressions playing it.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 03:26 
Super User

second picture

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 08:01 
Super User

Tonight I had a first hit (about 1,5 hour) with the CHAOS.

I'm an average player in the highest state league in our country. My style is long pimple attack and occasionally play defence. Lately I'm trying to play more defense. (Problem is that pips don't tend to last long in my hands before they start to break).

Speed:
I started out glueing the sheet on a Donic defplay because I thought on the hallmark frame (which IMHO is faster) I would be too fast. After a while I reglued it on the Hallmark Frame because I found it not very fast on the Donic frame. On the Hallmark it felt better and faster. For an 1,2 mm sponge I found the CHAOS rather slow.

Spin:
Like I said before I was not able to create a lot of spin. In defense I was able to chop very low. I was able to produce a lot of backspin on topspin balls. Not as much as with the P1r. But decent. Attacking (rolling) was quite good but not very disruptive. Like with the most other long pips hard hits seldom come back.

Sensitivity to spin:
Because the pips are not very grippy like the P1r for example the rubber is not very sensitive to spin. Blocking was easy with average spin reversal. I never play chop blocks but I think it can be done. Especially in OX I think.

Control:
Here is where this rubber shines. Control is excellent in attack and defense. Defense can be kept low. I have to try more to chop with a vertical bat because the rubber is less grippy. It is easy to keep the ball low.

Special:
Two things where different with any other rubber i tried:
1) pips seem to be reinforced at the base (see photo above) I don't know if this will have a positive effect on the durability.
2) As you can see in the first photo it has a special place where you can put the index finger. This feels good.

Verdict:
The discription of Andro seems to cover the load. It is a rubber mostly designed for defense. If you are looking for control this is a good rubber. If you are looking for disruptive effects this is IMHO not the rubber for you. Maybe in OX it is more disruptive. After all not a bad rubber. Maybe I'll switch it back to the Donic defplay. I was able to chop more aggressively with this frame. Maybe because it is slower.

CHAOS vs P1r (0,5 mm)
CHAOS is like a "light" version of P1r. Pip geometry are about the same. CHAOS has more control than P1r. P1r is more grippy and has a higher throw. Balls can be kept lower with the CHAOS. I hope it lasts longer than the P1r I destroyed in 3 weeks.

Soon available at http://www.vrocosport.nl

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 08:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Thankls for the review
I like the bit about needing a more vertical stroke, since frictionless has gone i've felt i've needed to make it too horizontal for my comfort when chopping.

How is it pace wise compared tho the p1-r?

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2009, 19:33 
Super User

Hi antipip

It's difficult to compare them in speed because I only played the P1R with 0,5 mm and the chaos is 1,2 mm. And with the 0,5 mm you hit with more wood.

The cover of the package showed TENSOR sponge so I was afraid it would be too fast but it wasn't. I don't know what ANDRO meant with tensor sponge. When I opened the package the rubber didn't curl up anyway so it was not pre tensioned. It looks like normal sponge.

So I guess they will be about the same speed.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2009, 11:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks a lot for the review brokkie!

Re-inforcement at the base of the pips usually means the pips bend less, and also means they tend to be stronger and make the sheets more durable.

The sponge can change the rubber completely compared to OX, making it really hard to know what it would be like in OX... someone is going to have to try it OX and review :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2009, 07:53 
Super User

Has anyone tried Chaos (OX)?